2018 Joslyn Castle Excursion - The Hudson & Berkshire Mountains
Upper Hudson/Berkshire Mountains 3-Night Getaway!
Oct 8-11, 2018
Every year, the Joslyn Castle hits the road to explore other historic corners of our beautiful nation. This year, we are excited to offer a dynamic, educational tour of the gorgeous Upper Hudson River region and the Berkshire Mountains. Visit stellar destinations including Edith Wharton's The Mount, Ventfort Hall, Chesterwood, and much more under the stunning canopy of Upstate New York and Massachusetts in the Fall.
The package includes:
· 3 nights at Yankee Inn Hotel in Lenox
· Air from Omaha to Hartford on Southwest
· Deluxe motorcoach for 4 days
· Entrance to Chesterwood; The Mount; Norman Rockwell Museum; DIA:Beacon & Storm King
· Breakfast Daily
· 1 dinner
· 2 lunches
· Travel Escort from Omaha
· $100 donation to the Joslyn Castle
PRICE: $2049.00 per person, double occupancy/$2499.00 Single occupancy
Please register by July 31st to guarantee your spot.
About our Accomodations
The Yankee Inn in Lenox, MA. A Berkshire landmark hotel, The Yankee Inn combines spacious grounds, mountain views and easy access to Tanglewood, area historic homes, museums and theaters.
- The Mount - The Berkshire estate of Edith Wharton.
- Norman Rockwell Museum - Home to the world's largest collection of original Norman Rockwell art, located in Stockbridge, MA.
- Ventfort Hall and Gilded Age Museum - Explore this historic National Register of Historic Places site, a Jacobean-style mansion and museum in Lenox, MA.
- Chesterwood - The summer estate and studio of American sculptor Daniel Chester French located in Stockbridge, MA.
- Storm King Art Center - Widely celebrated as one of the world's leading sculpture parks, this open-air museum is located in Mountainville, New York.
- Dia:Beacon - The museum for the Dia Art Foundation's collection of fine art from the 1960's to present, located on the banks of the Hudson River in Beacon, New York.
- Berkshire Botanical Garden - 15 acres of sprawling gardens, showcasing horticulture native to the Northeast, as well as exotic species on display.
- Stonecrop Gardens - Originally the home of Anne and Frank Cabot, Stonecrop became a public garden in 1992.
Up to Aug 8, 2018 cancellations will result in the forfeiture of $50.00 per person administrative fee plus the cost of the Southwest Airline tickets, if issued.
Airline tickets, once issued, are non-refundable but can be used toward another ticket if travel is completed within a year of original ticket issuance.
For cancellations made after August 8 and before September 8, 2018 there will be a cancellation charge of $100.00 plus cost of the airline ticket.
Cancellations after September 8, 2017 will result in 100% cancellation fee.
Cancellation Insurance to cover this trip for medical reasons is between $145.00 and $212.00 per person (depending on age and room type).
IMPORTANT: Trip cancellation MUST be purchased within 2 weeks of deposit in order to cover Pre-Existing conditions.
Travel Insurance is highly recommended. Evidence of insurance or a signed statement showing that insurance was offered is required before documents can be issued.